Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It's Starting to Feel a lot Like Christmas!

Hey everyone! How are you all doing (let me know in the comments)? 

As you can probably guess from the title, this post is about preparing for christmas. Afterall it's the most wonderful time of the year! I absolutely love Christmas, and I am sure many of you do too. Therefore today I will be talking about some of my holiday essentials and traditions :)  Maybe you share some of my ideas! 




The best way to start this time of year is with some snow! Sure it is cold and wet, but it is absolutely beautiful! It makes everything seem just right for the upcoming holidays :) Plus now that we have snow, it means christmas is on its way!!! Whether you prefer walking through it or enjoying it from within your warm house, it is one of the best parts of winter.





After  enjoying the snow and cold weather the best thing to do is curl up inside by the fire, with a nice hot cup of tea! There is nothing better than warming up by the fire with a hot drink in your hands!  I love to watch the the glow of the fire and feel the wave of warmth wash over me: sort of like a cozy blanket! And honestly I could drink tea all day everyday, especially when it is in a cute Christmas mug! However, another amazing drink to have is a half regular half white hot chocolate from Tim Hortons. Add a cuddly puppy into the picture and this makes a perfect end to a cold winter day!





Now the holidays are never complete without some christmas goodies! I love to bake and have so much fun trying new Christmas recipes - and it's the perfect time to pig out :) Whether it's homemade or from your favorite cafe: christmas is full of delicious treats! 
P.S. I am a huge fan of Starbucks sugar cookies! 



The best part of the holidays - in my opinion - is gift giving! I love shopping for people, wrapping presents, writing cards, and baking people treats. First, I LOVE to shop for anything and everything, especially when I am shopping for other people. It just feels so nice to give someone something that makes them smile :) In fact I love christmas shopping so much I have already bought all my gifts for people. Next, the only thing better then buying the presents is wrapping them! Now I am no expert wrapper: in fact I am pretty terrible at it, but I love how pretty the wrapping paper is. Also, who doesn't love to send christmas cards. I have friends and family all over the world, and a christmas card is the perfect way to let them know I am thinking of them during the holiday season! Lastly, who doesn't like to receive some delicious christmas goodies.  Like I said: the best part of Christmas is giving!


Now to complete your holiday cheer you need the perfect christmas playlist! So here are some of my favorite songs to listen to during the holidays!
  • Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Michael Buble 
  • Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill
  • You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch - Jim Carrey 
  • Baby it's Cold Outside - Kelly Clarkson
  • White Christmas - Blake Shelton
  • The First Noel - Carrie Underwood
  • The Most Wonderful Day of the Year - Rudolph (1964)
  • Run Run Rudolph - Luke Bryan
  • Wonderful Christmas Time - Demi Lovato
  • Winter Wonderland -  Selena Gomez
  • Last Christmas - Glee
  • All I Want for Christmas is You - Glee
  • Last Christmas - Ariana Grande  
     
         

One of the best ways to get ready for the holidays is the perfect list of christmas movies to watch while you sit beside the fire with your tea :) Here are some of mine:

  • How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966 & 2000)
  • Elf (2003)
  • Four Christmases (2008)
  • Home Alone (1990)
  • Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
  • Frosty The Snowman (1969)
  • Rudolph The red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie (1998)
  • The Santa Clause (1994)
  • The Polar Express (2004)
  • Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas (1999)
  • Love Actually (2003)
  • An All Dogs Christmas Carol (1998)
  • Planes, Trains, and Automobile (1987)
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)
  • Gremlins (1984)
  • The Year Without Santa Claus (1974)
  • Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (1970)



And the final step to making a perfect holiday is an advent calendar which I believe to be self explanatory (you are never too old for one)!




So those are some of my winter/Christmas traditions, I hope you like them. If you have any similar traditions or more movies for me to add to my list: let me know in the comments :) I am flying back to Neverland now: I will have new post for you around Christmas. Have a good month and Merry Christmas guys! xoxo Tink

No comments: