Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Show Review: First impression of Shadowhunters

Hi guys, Tink here! I hope everyone is having a good day. Today I am going to be giving a review on the first episode of Freeform's Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments. Being a huge fan of the book series I have some rather mixed feelings about the show. I will start with the bad and end with the good. Remember these are just my opinions.



Rating: 4


I believe it is a terrible adaption. I feel like they took everything I loved about the books and threw it out the window. Now I completely understand that when going from book to screen there will be changes, but they made me hate the show. First I'll discuss the smaller changes. They not only got rid of Simon's band, but they put Maureen - his groupie -  in it. His band added to his character. Also Dot was not a sweet lady but a warlock who just threw Clary through a portal with ease. That whole seen in Pandemonium wasn't very accurate. Not to mention Luke doesn't own a bookstore! Instead he is a detective. It doesn't even seem like the same story. I found all of these problems in the first episode. So in my opinion it is a horrible adaption.

However, with all of that said I believe this may turn out to be a good show. If I look at it from a non book lover it looks really cool. There is action, mystery, and romance! It has a storyline that ropes you in from the beginning. So what the acting is mediocre: they can improve.

Now that I have seen some more episodes I still think it's a bad adaptation, but it is a good show. What do you think: agree or disagree? Let me know in the comments!

xoxoTink

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oopsy daisyyy that's not good. I was never a reader tbh always preferred to go the easier way and watch the film instead of reading the book. Lovely post, thank you for sharing this with us. Whenever you have time visit me at: www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk !! Have a lovely week. xXx

Tinkerbell said...

Yes unfortunately I really don't like the show, because I've read the books, but oh well haha. And I will check you out xoxo Tink